Hydrotherapy is water therapy to relieve pain and promote physical well-being through exercise and relaxation.
Why come to our Hydrotherapy Pool?
- you will have exclusive use of the pool
- it is heated to 35 degrees C – around 8 degrees warmer than an public pool
- accessible via steps or by hoist
- wheelchair accessible
- changing facilities and shower
- floating aids and exercise equipment ready for you to use
- hire our pool for self supervised sessions
- supervised sessions with a qualified physiotherapist
- group sessions are available via the Portsmouth Back Care Group
Hydrotherapy can be used for:
- Rehabilitation following lower/upper limb fractures, spinal, hip, knee and ankle surgery
- Arthritis such as osteo / rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy, MS
- After joint replacement surgery
- Sports injuries
- Low back pain
- Mental health
- Spinal cord injuries
- Muscular dystrophy
We also have several groups, including ‘baby swim’ classes that hire the pool on a daily basis:
Portsmouth Back Fellowship
A group hydro session with occasional physiotherapist support on Monday evenings.
Contact: 02392 321 260 or email@example.com
Specialising in baby water confidence and safety. A wonderful experience for parent and baby. Classes for babies 6 weeks – 4 years.
Contact: 07969 801 670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Turtle Tots we teach you how to teach your baby to swim, and help you keep fit at the same time!
Contact: 07939 525 615 or email@example.com