Our hydrotherapy pool is purpose built and is heated to about 35 degrees C. It is accessible via steps or by hoist. Unlike many other hydrotherapy pools in the area our patients get sole use of the pool and our pool can be hired for self supervised exercises allowing for a cost effective treatment.
As such you can use to pool to be treated by a physiotherapist or you can use the pool for we like to call ‘self supervised’ – where by you use the pool on your own to do your exercises.
Hydrotherapy can be used for:
- Soothing sore and inflamed joints and muscles
- Rehabilitation following lower/upper limb fractures, spinal, hip, knee and ankle surgery
- Arthritis such as osteo/rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy
- After joint replacement surgery
- Sports injuries
- Acute and chronic low back pain
GROUPS THAT USE OUR HYDROTHERAPY POOL
Our hydrotherapy pool is used by several groups:
Portsmouth Back Fellowship
A group hydro session with occasional physiotherapist support on Monday evenings.
Contact: 02392 321 260 or [email protected]
Specialising in baby water confidence and safety. A wonderful experience for parent and baby. Classes for babies 6 weeks – 4 years.
Contact: 07969 801 670 or bubblesa[email protected]
At Turtle Tots we teach you how to teach your baby to swim, and help you keep fit at the same time!
Contact: 07939 525 615 or [email protected]
Baby, toddler and pre-school swimming.
Contact: [email protected]