and vertigo & dizziness rehabilitaion
specialist vestibular practitioner
Good balance is essential for daily life, from getting out of bed to crossing the road.
A healthy balance system uses information from the brain, inner ears, eyes, and joints, and enables people to see clearly when moving their head.
Tailormade Just For You
Practitioners that specialise in vertigo and dizziness
What causes dizziness?
Dizziness is generally not serious, but is often a sign of a mechanical problem. Dizziness can be due to an inner ear disorder, a side effect of medications, a sign of neck dysfunction, or it can be due to a more serious problem such as a brain or a heart problem.
The most common form of inner ear disorder is BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo), which causes episodes of intense dizziness on certain head movements.
Common symptoms that can be helped with vestibular rehabilitation
- Dizziness or blurry vision with head movements
- Neck tightness, stiffness and/or pain
- Imbalance or the need to hold onto objects when walking
- Frequent falls
- Generalized “dizziness, wooziness and foggy head” feelings
What to expect at your assessment
At your appointment, a physiotherapist will evaluate your symptoms, review your medical history and carry out a physical examination. Based on the findings, a plan of care is developed.
The goal of your treatment plan is to improve any deficits that were identified. This, in turn, will improve your ability to function in activities of everyday living, reduce your risk for falling and ultimately, improve your quality of life. Vestibular rehabilitation is an exercise-based programme to encourage the central nervous system to compensate for problems in the inner ear.
A management plan may include:
- Eye and head movement exercises
- Exercises to improve standing balance and walking
- Specific techniques to reposition fragments in the inner ear which cause dizziness in BPPV
- Education and advice on activities of daily living to improve confidence & function
made better by results.
book online today
The quickest and simplist way to make your appointment is online.
Get In touch
Leave us a message
We believe in all people achieving their full potential for health and well-being.